Healthy Food Recipes - KETO CHAFFLES: 5 Ways To Make Them (NOT Eggy!)

November 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/WwRAx0LU7Vo


Hi, everyone. It's Maya
from WholesomeYum.Com. And today I'm showing
you how to make chaffles. This has been one of
the most popular recipes on my website for a few years now. And I'm so excited to show you all the different chaffle
recipe flavors you can make. But first, what's a chaffle? If you haven't heard of these before, the word chaffles is a
combination of cheese and waffles. Cheese waffles equals chaffles. It sounds like a bit of
an unusual combination, but the addition of cheese in there makes the exterior super
crispy without adding carbs. And you won't taste the cheese in there in the sweet versions, while
in the savory versions, it adds just the right flavor. And these are very easy to make. In fact, the only basic
ingredients you need for chaffles are eggs and cheese, but I find that using
only those ingredients makes them taste a little eggy.


So I'll show you the other
ingredients I add to my chaffles, they're super simple, to make them taste even better
and have a better texture. So I'm going to show you how
to make basic chaffles first. They're super neutral in
flavor, almost like a bread, perfect for sandwiches,
so many other things. And after that, I'm gonna show you four
more flavors of chaffles, sweet and savory, to fulfill any craving.


Let's do this. (upbeat music) The first version we're
making is plain chaffles. These are great for sandwiches because they're very bread-like. Some people call them
wonder bread chaffles. I'm going to be using
this mini waffle maker for all the chaffle recipes. I'll link it down below. Each batch will make two to three. If you use a regular-sized waffle maker, you'll just make one chaffle per batch.


In a medium bowl, we're going to mix up half a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, two tablespoons of Wholesome
Yum blanched almond flour. Or you could use two teaspoons
of coconut flour instead. And half a teaspoon of
psyllium husk powder. This is going to give
the bread-like chaffles a chewy texture. Don't skip it. It makes a big difference. And a quarter teaspoon of baking powder. This is optional, but highly recommended. And finally, one large egg. Go ahead and crack it
directly into the bowl. You don't have to whisk it separately. And then we're just gonna
stir this all together. The batter is going to be kind of thick. This is totally normal. Make sure the waffle iron is preheated.


And then go ahead and use
a quarter cup measuring cup to fill that up just like this, and then transfer that
to your waffle iron. Because the batter's so thick, it's best to spread it
out in the waffle maker. And then you can just close that. First, you're gonna see steam coming out, and then when the steam
is no longer coming out, that's how you know
your chaffles are done. These are ready. Look how crispy these are. This is one of the
crispiest chaffle recipes of all the ones I'm going to show you. So now I'm gonna go ahead
and make a sandwich with this because this is delicious for sandwiches. Although they are good plain, they're also great with
a jam or a nut butter. Really endless possibilities. You can use this any way that
you would normally use bread. So I spread a little mayo on there, and then I'm gonna put on
a couple lettuce leaves and a few tomato slices and some turkey, because turkey sandwiches are the best.


Try a chaffle turkey sandwich and tell me what you think of this one. Look at that. That looks just perfect. I can't wait to try this. Ah, this makes the best lunch. Next up, we have garlic parmesan chaffles. If you love garlic bread,
you're going to love these. Start with a medium bowl, and we're going to add half
a cup of shredded mozzarella, just like the plain one, and a third of a cup of
grated Parmesan cheese. This is why you don't need any specialty flours for this recipe.


The Parmesan is a great stand
in for that in this case, and I've added a clove of minced garlic, half a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, a quarter teaspoon of baking powder, and finally a large egg. (upbeat music) Stir all those ingredients together until it's nice and uniform. Time to load up that waffle maker. Fill up that quarter cup measuring cup. This is how you know that
it's the right amount. And transfer that to the waffle maker. By the way, I showed you the steam in the plain chaffle recipe last time, but another guideline to use is it takes about three or
four minutes to cook a chaffle.


This one is done, and I'm
gonna transfer it to a plate. And now I'm going to
show you how I top these. You don't have to do this,
but highly recommend. This makes it really, really
feel like garlic bread. So I'm adding a little bit
of shredded mozzarella, and then I'm gonna go ahead and melt that. You can melt in the microwave
or pop this in the oven for a couple of minutes, either way. And I love a little sprinkle
of parsley at the end. Let me cut this in half and show you what this looks like inside. Look at that cheese pull, and
it's really bready inside. It's so good, just like garlic bread. Now we're making pumpkin chaffles. If you like pumpkin-baked goods, breads, muffins, cakes, whatever, you're going to love these. To make the batter for this
one, we're going to start by melting half an ounce of cream cheese.


That's about one tablespoon. And melting it is going to make it easier to stir into the batter. So go ahead and melt that and then transfer it into the medium bowl. Now I'm adding half a
teaspoon of vanilla extract. This is optional, but highly recommend it. And three teaspoon, which is one tablespoon of
Wholesome Yum coconut flour. You could also use three tablespoons of almond flour here instead, but I find that the coconut flour really helps absorb the moisture from the pumpkin that we're adding later. And I'm adding a quarter
teaspoon of baking powder and two tablespoons of Besti sweetener. This is gonna give us the best
texture and no aftertaste. Highly recommend it for all
my sweet chaffle recipes. I've also added half a
tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. You could just use cinnamon if you prefer, but I love the pumpkin flavor.


And of course, two
tablespoons of pumpkin puree. And I'm adding half a cup of shredded mozzarella here as well. That's gonna help get these crispy. And a large egg. Stir this all together
until it's nice and uniform. You'll notice this batter
is a little thinner than the ones we've made so
far, which is totally normal, but we do wanna let it sit
for a couple of minutes to thicken because
that's what you wanna do with most coconut flour batters. Now we can scoop this up and
add it to the waffle maker. This recipe is going
to make three chaffles. You'll notice that there's
a little bit more batter on this one than the other ones. Let's go ahead and
spread the batter around in the waffle maker, and
then we're going to cook, as usual, three to four minutes until the steam is no longer coming out.


Sometimes you may need to use an oven mitt if you're making multiple chaffles and the waffle irons first to get hot. So I had to remove this with a fork. It's going to be a little bit less crispy than the other ones
that we've made so far. This is totally normal, but
it will crisp up as a cools. And this is a must. I'm adding some Wholesome
Yum keto maple syrup on top. This is delicious on
top of pumpkin chaffle. And a little sugar-free
whipped cream as well. I'll link the recipe for the whipped cream and the maple syrup down below. And a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Let me try this. Ah, just perfect. Feels like fall on a plate. I've shown you a plain chaffle recipe. I've shown you a savory one. I've shown you a sweet one. Now it's time for another savory one. This one tastes just like a
jalapeno popper in waffle form. We're going to start by
melting the cream cheese. This is an ounce of cream
cheese, or two tablespoons.


This is similar to the way we did the pumpkin ones to start. And we're going to add
that to our medium bowl. Now I'm adding a quarter
teaspoon of baking powder and half a tablespoon of
finely-minced jalapenos. Remove the seeds if you
don't want them super spicy, or leave them in if you want more kick. and I'm adding two tablespoons of chopped bacon or bacon bits, I'll give you some ways to
cook bacon quickly down below.


And I'm adding one cup of cheddar cheese. This is more cheese than we
did for the other recipes because this one also
does not have any flour. And I've added one large egg. And we're gonna stir that together. Go ahead and put that in your
quarter cup measuring cup and add it to the waffle iron. This looks so cheesy already. Let it cook for three to four minutes until it's nice and golden, and then you can transfer it to a plate. And I'll show you how I garnish this one. Add a little shredded cheese on top. Go ahead and melt that, similar to how we did
for the garlic Parmesan. But I also like to add
a couple jalapeno slices on top before melting. And finally, sprinkle with a
few green onions for garnish. Doesn't this look so pretty? If you like, you can even sprinkle some
chopped bacon on top as well. Time to try it.


It's so gooey and cheesy. Oh my goodness, you guys. Yum, just delicious. The final keto chaffle
recipe I'm going to show you is cinnamon sugar, not real
sugar, or also known as churro. These tastes just like
churros. Let me show you. To mix up the batter for this one, we're going to start with two tablespoons of Wholesome Yum blanched almond flour. Again, you can substitute this with two teaspoons of Wholesome
Yum coconut flour instead. And we're adding one
and a half tablespoons of Besti monk fruit allulose blend. Again, this is gonna give us the best sweetness, the best flavor. And one and a half tablespoons of Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend because we want these
sweet with no aftertaste. I'm also adding half a teaspoon of Wholesome Yum psyllium husk powder. This is optional, but again, I highly recommend it
for the texture in these. And here's half a teaspoon of cinnamon. A large egg. Just so you know, you can really add the
ingredients in any order you like.


You'll notice I kind of
go out of order in these, and this one is getting three quarter cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, a bit more than some of the other ones, and half a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Last one, half a tablespoon
of melted butter. Go ahead and stir that all together, until it's nice and uniform. This batter is going
to be a little thinner. That's totally normal. But if you decided to use coconut flour, you'll want it to sit for a little bit like we did for the pumpkin ones. Let those cook for a few minutes, and you'll notice that
these come out softer than the other chaffle recipes. That's totally normal, but they do crisp up more as they cool. So don't worry about it if it comes out a little floppy at first.


While you're waiting for that to cool, you can go ahead and make the coating. We're going to combine a
quarter cup of Besti sweetener and three quarter teaspoon of cinnamon. And now I'm going to melt
a tablespoon of butter, and we're gonna brush
that onto the chaffle. This is going to help the coating stick. Flip that over and
brush on the other side. You can do both chaffles at
once, or you can start with one. It's best to do this fresh because the coating does tend to get soggy instead of crispy if you
don't eat it right away. So only coat what you're
gonna eat right away.


Place the chaffle into the coating, and then just flip it over
until it's coated on both sides. Now you can enjoy this chaffle just as is, but I like to cut it into strips for kind of a more
authentic churro experience. I have some sugar-free
melted chocolate here. I'll link the chocolate chips
I melt for this down below. So now you can dip the churros sticks into the melted chocolate. If you like, I also have a chocolate
sauce that's very similar, but not just plain chocolate chips. It's a little thinner. Down below, I'll link that for you. But let me go ahead and try this. Ah, just like a churro. I love all five of these chaffle recipes. It's so hard to pick a favorite, but what they do all have in
common is they are all crispy. They are all delicious, and
they are all so easy to make. If you make one of these,
leave me a comment. Let me know which one you made, or if you made more than one,
which one was your favorite.


And I love seeing your yummy photos. Post them with #wholesomeyum
so that I can see them. See you next time on Wholesome Yum, where I share easy,
healthy and keto recipes all with 10 ingredients or less..

Info: Post images on Social media for $200 per day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments