Healthy Food Recipes - Easy Mediterranean breakfast bowls with Hummus and Eggs

July 19, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nc7KXxZjIf8


- All right, so
people always ask me for easy Mediterranean
breakfast ideas and today I'm gonna show you something I make on the regular, my savory breakfast bowls,
Mediterranean-style. Ready for it? (cheerful music) All right, we are starting
with some boiled eggs. Now, i like mine soft and jammy, so they only take six minutes
or so in boiling water. Shock 'em in an ice
bath and they are ready. You probably tried this
trick on your forehead. No? It's like, ow! Okay, we won't do that. We're gonna just...(laughing) We're gonna just go like this. So that's not a thing here, huh? People don't crack their
eggs on their forehead. Beautiful eggs are ready! Now we're gonna go ahead and
prep a few more ingredients. We have some mushrooms. So I'm just gonna
halve the mushrooms 'cause I liked them
to be a good size so they can char nicely. Don't love mushrooms? You can use other things. You can use zucchini, you can
use bell peppers, whatever. So let's go to the skillet
and put this party together.


Extra-virgin olive oil, the
start of everything delicious. All right, turn on the
heat about medium-highish. A drizzle of the good stuff,
extra-virgin olive oil. You can find this on
TheMediterraneanDish.com. Just hit the shop tab
when you get there. We're gonna go in
with our mushrooms. We're gonna cook
the mushrooms first until they kind of soften
and gain some color and then we're gonna add
the other ingredients to it. They're gonna
release some juices and that's exactly
what we want to do. I like to cook them on
their flat side first. What really helps is
a pinch of kosher salt because now that these have
absorbed the olive oil, I need them to
release some juices. All right, I'm not
gonna disturb them for just a minute here. I'm gonna turn them
on their flat side and leave them alone for a bit. And then I'm gonna
go mince some garlic. Release. Release. There's a little
magic involved here. Look at this color. This is what I'm looking
for here, you guys. They've softened, they're juicy, and they are
beautifully charred.


We're gonna go in
with the tomatoes. I'm gonna help them a little
bit more with some olive oil. (vegetables sizzle loudly) Yeah! Sizzle! And we're gonna go
in with some spinach. Don't worry, it's gonna wilt. Going in with some garlic. And you didn't think
I was gonna make this without garlic, did you? Because garlic,
it's life, right? And by the way, remember that you can do this
entire thing ahead of time and just save it in the fridge to assemble your bowls on the
go whenever you need them. You can serve your breakfast
bowls with no bread at all, but for this family, we're
gonna do a little bit of pita. Yes! I'm telling you,
such good stuff. We are going to put
this party together. So first, add in my hummus. Take a jammy egg. Ooh, yes! This is perfectly soft.



Cook the eggs to your liking and if you don't even
like boiled eggs, you can make scrambled eggs, you can make whatever
egg you like. Then we're gonna take some
of this beautiful mixture and put that right here. A few Kalamata olives. A drizzle of
extra-virgin olive oil. And by drizzle I mean,
what do you call this, a pool of extra-virgin
olive oil. (laughs) For a little bit of
flavor, kosher salt. Really, you can season this
bowl however you guys like. I'm gonna use
za'atar, or za'atar, and a little bit
of Aleppo pepper. And we've talked about
Aleppo-style pepper
before, you guys. This has got enough of a kick, but it also has that
beautiful, subtle sweetness, almost like a sun-dried
tomato, but even better. So you can get this on
TheMediterraneanDish.com, as well as the za'atar. This bowl does not take
much effort to make, but if you want to
work ahead of time, you can go ahead and
saute your veggies and keep them in your fridge. You can make my
homemade creamy hummus. I have a video just for that. For the recipe for these beautiful
Mediterranean savory
breakfast bowls head to
TheMediterraneanDish.com.


I will see you later. Ciao. (cheerful music) Do I have hummus
all over my mouth?.

Drink this before breakfast, burns 1lb a day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments