Healthy Food Recipes - Vegetable Soup | Cabbage Soup Diet | Roger Raglin Diet Recipes

June 25, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2hSvJtB4kHg


today we're making up some cabbage soup
and I'll tell you what this vegetable soup that I make is very good it's very
good for you and it tastes fantastic folks some of y'all may have been on the
cabbage soup diet this isn't exactly that kind of similar got some similar
ingredients in it but I'm on the Roger Raglan diet I am down 100 pounds I've
actually a little over 100 pounds in 8 months and one thing I do is I consume a
lot of soup and this is what I use so stick around let me show you the
ingredients I put in it how I put it together and tell you a little bit how I
lost 105 pounds in under eight months so come on back in just a second I am chef Johnny this is Texas Style
BBQ and Cuisine appreciate you being here
this is one of the cuisine dishes we're doing today mentioned up the cabbage
soup diet and folks I eat this soup regularly I like to put fresh
ingredients in it and cook it up and just I have a bowl of it pretty much
every day so I'll make enough to last me Oh a week a little more I'll have quite
a bit of it the wife is a family likes it so they they eat it also but I'm just
gonna kind of show you how I chopped everything up how I get it in there and
then not only the ingredients with the seasonings I use to spice it up so
thanks for being here let's come on in close and y'all can kind of see how I
get my ingredients ready for this fantastic cabbage soup vegetable soup
for y'all got a nice large head of cabbage we're gonna start with that
I'll pull off some of these outer leaves just get those off you see a lot of
times they're kind of dirty they're gonna be the ones they're a little more
wilted they've been bruised up some so I'll just pull those off so I'm gonna do
that real quick and then I'm gonna take it over and rinse it off it's rinsed off what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna cut right through the stalk
here then I'm gonna take that and I'm gonna cut through it so I cut that stalk
now into four pieces and to get the stalk off now all I have to do is just
come in here and just cut that little triangle off it's done first steps
finished and for my cabbage what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna take it and I
usually just kind of lay it here and I'm gonna cut it into all 1/2 3/4 inch wide
strips when I get kind of to the edge I lay it down and I go that 1/2 to 3/4
again and then I'm gonna cut those in half and that goes into my stock pot and
this is a great big bowl like I said I eat this every day so you may want to
cut this recipe in half or in 1/4 it's very good
and I will have the recipe down in the description box for you now you might
think that that looks like a whole lot of cabbage but remember leafy vegetables
cook down a lot so there's not gonna be near as much in there as you think there
is let's get on to our next ingredient that's gonna be our celery now if you
see I saw the leaves on here so I kind of chopped my leaves off but I'm gonna
use those because there is a lot of flavor in those sit those to the side
for right now and I'm gonna dice these up and pop them in my soup in a minute
just cut these little small stalks off that have done that on there you can
tell these are kind of the pieces of a couple of bunches made a bunch of potato
salad this is what's left over from that but um I like a nice fairly nice size so
I'll go about an inch and a half maybe if you just make them the size you want
to hey folks that your it's your soup so go in with the sizes you want to go in
with and this celery has already been washed off to make sure down in the
bottom of celery whether it comes together at the bottom of the bunch
sometimes you get a little dirt collect in there so just make sure that you
rinse off your uh your celery good now I'm gonna take my celery tops here and
I'm just gonna give me a little random chop all the way through those there's
not any real big pieces of it and they'll spread through my soup and
they're gonna taste wonderful go with our carrots necks already having peeled
if you wanted to just scrub them that's totally fine you can just do a quick
scrub on them kind of cut the tops off and these are gonna be Oh half inch
three quarters maybe an inch but not too awful big now if you wanted to you could
saute your carrots and your onions ah bell peppers things like that and you
could sautee them first before you drop them in but I don't have to these are
about a pound of carrots probably next thing is going to beat is my broccoli
now usually I'll buy a whole crown of broccoli cut it up and put fresh
broccoli broccoli looked terrible at a grocery store today we're in the middle
of coronavirus lock down soap vegetables
aren't always the greatest so I've got a quart of frozen broccoli florets right
here drop it in and my pot is getting full see if y'all can see with you tell
ya that's getting full in there but believe me it's gonna cook down there's
gonna be planning a room I'm gonna put in two jalapeno I do like to make this a
little bit spicy if you don't like it leave it out but also if you're on a
diet peppers help you burn fat and so you make your body work a little bit
harder so you burn fat in there but I was cut it in half cut that half into
strips if you wanted to make it a little less hot you wanted this nice flavor
that a jalapeno gives you you could deseed it and then just use your
jalapeno but that's there and now these I'm going to try to cut into smaller
pieces I don't want them real big that way nobody gets a big chunk of jalapeno
although after cooking in this soup it is gonna cook out and spread through it
quite a bit bell pepper is nice big one used to
smaller ones one great big one but to dice this I usually take the head off
take the bottom off I'll cut it open and then I'll just take the seeds out a lot
of different ways to get everything out of a bell pepper that's just one of them
and I do actually have a video on how to dice up a bell pepper if y'all want to
see that find it in my kitchen tips playlist but there it is cut it into
about three pieces coming in here with some strips and then take my strips and dice those
let me get the rest of this done get back with you on the next ingredient
take my onion and cut the stem off drop over here cut it right in two at the
root and that will help hold the onion together now you can take the paper and
get it off easily now what I'm going to do is I'm take my knife and I'm going to
come almost all the way to the root not quite I don't wanna cut through the root
that held it together I'll turn it sideways oh about 3/8 maybe a half inch
wide I'm coming in turn it sideways now like we did our cabbage while ago right
give me some nice strips of onion then that's all the waste there is get rid of
that drop that in we'll get the rest of the onion cut up and we'll get back with
you about have this full but we're about done next ingredient is is some
diced tomatoes these happen to be a petite diced tomatoes normally I'd use a
28 ounce can this is about a quart just have it left over not gonna hurt we're
gonna drop it in goes right on top on top of that I've got two quarts of
chicken stock now this stock came from my shredded chicken I made the other day
so I'll put a link below so you find my shredded chicken video it on my regular
chicken stock either one will work fine in here this has got a little Mexican
flair to it so I like it in here so we're gonna pour in that and remember
this cabbage is you start cooking down and this will not be near as full that's
they're oops almost forgot wife handed me a package of mushrooms that needed to
be cooked so we both love mushrooms so I'm just gonna take was a 16-ounce
container of mushrooms drop those in she had use a little bit of them the other
day and the rest were there so that's almost a pound for at least 12 ounces
but that's there I'm giving big spoon or stir this up a little bit get it on the
stove and we'll talk about the seasonings that are going in
with it have the fire going underneath there probably medium-high and I think I
might add a little bit that stock was kind of thick I'm gonna add a little bit
of water maybe about two cups just to make sure we got plenty on the bottom
but let's get that in there now yeah two cups of water that's in and let's look
at some of the seasons that we're gonna use black pepper let's put in a
tablespoon next is some Italian seasoning add a tablespoon of it and now
about a tablespoon of garlic powder granulated garlic that's in and the last
ingredient to go in is some tomato base even though we got chicken stock in here
this just has great flavor to it so I'm gonna put some tablespoons of the Knorr
brand tomato with the chicken bouillon in there I'm gonna put three nice
tablespoons in there now stir that in a little bit I'm gonna add some more water
another two cups so we've got two quarts of chicken stock we have the tomato with
liquid and now we've added a quart of water so that looks good let's cover
this up and let's go make this soup that cabbage is gonna start reducing down and
it is gonna release waters and so it's gonna go down water is gonna come up and
you're gonna find out we got plenty of water in this soup if not we'll add a
little bit we're about a half hour and I just want
you look at this to here there's water see much lower it's cook down that's
only after a half an hour we're gonna cook this probably oh wow hour hour and
a half just depend on until everything is tender now remember you could saute
your onions your bell peppers your carrots cook those down some it's gonna
give you a dimension of flavor in here that's nice
let's go speed up cook time also about an hour in now so didn't I tell
you this would make plenty of liquid look at that pretty pretty pretty that
looks like that it's tender enough that we can get a bowl of this out and
give it a sample soups off tried to see if I need to adjust the
spices any didn't cook for about an hour everything's cooked down it's tender and
I tell you what we're gonna get it out let y'all see it but this is a lovely
lovely soup we get in the bowl here y'all can tell this is steaming hot it's
a very very good making your own chicken broth makes all the difference in the
world so make sure you check out my my - a chicken stock videos one on how to
shred the chicken and the other ones just on playing chicken stock but you
can use either one of those recipes to get this stock and I tell you on its
gonna just pick up your soup tremendously as far as flavor and
nutrition both but if you look at that pretty bowl of soup all right folks this
is done came out great we're gonna see if we can taste this up and give it a
sample for you but celery standar onions are tender remember you can saute some
your vegetables first like your onions and your bell peppers but this looks
good to have a little spice to it hot let's give it a try folks that is a very very good soup got
a little heat to it with those two jalapenos I like that that's what we
wanted plenty of black pepper in it maybe a touch of salt wouldn't hurt it
but we put three tablespoons of soup base instead of salt in here folks clean
out your refrigerator making big bowl of soup if you're interested in Roger
Raglan diet go to Rogerraglin.com put some questions down for me below you can
always message me at Texasstylecuisine@gmail.com send me an email and I'll
be happy to explain to you what I've done but again if we're down 105 pounds
just shy eight months but it's a great soup hope you enjoyed it if you did give
me that thumbs up cause this cabbage soup is fantastic how them boys put food
away beats all I've ever seen


Drink this before breakfast, burns 1lb a day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments