Healthy Food Recipes - High Protein Breakfast For Weight Loss - PCOS/Thyroid Diet Recipes To Lose Weight | Skinny Recipes

March 16, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HqMbnzQPS2A


Hey Guys! I am Nisa Homey, today I am sharing
a high protein fibre rich and nutrient dense instant breakfast recipes for weight loss
and weight management. This instant gluten free and vegan breakfast recipe is perfect
for those with health issues like thyroid, PCOS, and diabetes. The high protein and fibre,
helps to keep you feel fuller for a longer time and thus helps in weight loss and weight
management. This instant healthy breakfast is a popular South Indian recipe and can be
enjoyed by the whole family.


So, lets get started with the recipe. Into a bowl, i am
adding in 1/4 cup of horse gram also known as muthira in Malayalam. Horse gram is one
of the most protein rich lentil found on the planet. It is high in iron, calcium, and Zinc.
Infact, horse gram has the highest calcium content, among pulses, is one of the richest
vegetarian sources of protein. It is known as the super pulse of India. It helps to burn
fat, protects you against kidney stones and gall bladder stones. It is also less expensive
than other dals. It helps to keep you feel fuller, thus it helps in weight loss and fat
burning. Next, I am adding in 1/4 cup green mung dal, instead of green mung dal, you can
also use yellow mung dal, I am adding in 1/4 cup bengal gram also known as kadala parippu
in Malayalam.


1/4 cup massor dal, and lastly, 1/4 cup tur dal. I am adding in some water,
wash and rinse it a couple of times or until the water runs clear. I am going to allow
it to soak for about 20 -30 mins, those who have noticed digestive issues like bloating
and gas when consuming dals, it would be ideal if you soak the dals for a longer time. Okay,
now the dals are nicely soaked. The reason why you need to soak dals is because grains
and dals contain phytic acid content which is a nutrient inhibitor, so to release the
phytates, you need to soak it.


Soaking for longer time, will be ideal for those who have
noticed digestive issues. You can also soak this overnight if you prefer, like if you
are planning to make this for breakfast, you can soak the dals overnight and now, I am
going to wash and rinse it a couple of times or until the water runs clear and then I will
be adding it into my strainer. Okay, now I have washed and rinsed it throughly and I
have kept it on my strainer. So, I am going to keep it for about 5 minutes, and at that
time I will get the other ingredients ready. There are 5 different types of dals in this
recipe and that makes this a high protein recipe. You can use any variety of dals which
is locally available in this recipe other than the ones I am using. So now, I am going
to keep this aside and let's get the other ingredients ready. the other main ingredients
I am using are, 1 medium sized carrot which I have grated, instead of carrot you can use
grated lauki, grated cucumber, or even grated beetroot, or even green leafy vegetable of
your choice but make sure its is finely chopped.


A handful of coriander leaves finely chopped,
4-5 green chilies this I will be using to grind the dals, 1 green chilli finely chopped
this i will be adding it into the batter. 4-5 shallots, I prefer to use shallots in
my recipes as they are a good source of iron and folate. However, if you don't have shallots
at hand, you can use 1/4 of an onion instead. A small piece of ginger, 1 medium sized onion
finely chopped. Into my blender jar, I am adding in the soaked and rinsed dals, into
this i am adding in the green chilli I am just breaking the green chilli into two pieces
and adding in. I am slicing the ginger into small pieces and adding in. 4-5 shallots,
pink himalayan salt as needed, 3/4 tsp jeera also known as cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp turmeric
powder today I am using Waigon turmeric which has high curcumin content.


1/4 tsp hing also
known as asafoetida, today I am using homemade asafoetida powder, I have already shared how
to make asafoetida powder at home, pls do check it out. 1/3 tsp whole black peppercorns,
the addition of black peppercorns will help in better assimilation of the active ingredient
in turmeric known as curcumin. So, when you are using turmeric in your recipes make sure
you add in atleast a fat pinch of black pepper to help with better assimilation of turmeric.
I am sprinkling in a little bit of water, maybe about 2 table spoon and I am going to
grind this to a fine paste. Okay, now its nicely ground and I did not add any extra
water. I am transferring the blended dals into a bowl, into it I am adding in 1 cup
organic stone ground jowar atta also known as sorghum. Jowar or sorghum, is a highly
nutritious millet, it is completely gluten free and it is easily available across India.
And now with my hand I am blending the jowar atta into the dal mix.


Since the dal mix is
wet enough there is no need to add much extra water, sometimes you may need a sprinkle or
two of extra water. Jowar is rich in fibre and the high fibre helps to keep you feel
fuller for a longer time and thus it helps in weight loss and weight management. Now,
it is roughly mixed and the batter is not easily spreadable. So, I will be adding in
another couple of tablespoon of water so that it can be easily spread out. So, I am adding
in 2 tablespoon water, i used room temperature water. The high phytochemical antioxidants
in jowar helps to reduce inflammation in the body. Remember that each flour reacts differently
to water that is each flour absorbs water differently.



I am using stone ground jowar
atta, if your jowar atta is locally sourced or if you sourced it online, it may absorb
water differently. So, add water little by little as it is needed. Into this i am adding
in the grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilies, and chopped onion.
And now, I am mixing all this really well. There will be some moisture in the vegetables
which will release out once you start mixing. Another good thing about jowar is that it
helps to manage blood sugar levels and aids in good digestion. Jowar is also a good source
of protein and it is a power house of essential vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, it is loaded
with Zinc, calcium, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and B Vitamins. Okay now, it is nicely mixed
so you need to make sure that you can spread the dough like this. So, this is the consistency
of the batter you should be looking at. You should be able to spread the dough like this.
Another good thing about this dough is that you can make ahead this and store it in an
airtight glass container and it will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
So, if you are a working woman this is a great idea to meal prep.


And you can make instant
high protein meal, which is ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. So, now lets start making
the chilla. This is wet cotton napkin, I just rinsed it in water and squeezed the water
out and I am placing it on to the wooden cutting board. I am taking a handful of the dough
and rolling the dough and i am placing it on to the wet cotton napkin and lightly flattening
it out with my fingers. i am dipping my fingers in water, and spreading it out into a round
circle. Dip your fingers in water so that it is easy to spread it out.


Because it is
a complex carb, jowar gets digested slowly hence ideal for those with health issues like
diabetes PCOS, and thyroid. Once it is spread out lightly run your fingers over the roti
so that the top portion is nicely evened out. You can shape the sides with your fingers.
Instead of a cotton napkin you can also use an oiled banana leaf. And lastly, with wet
fingers make small holes like this. This will help in even cooking. I am heating my cast
iron tawa and I am greasing it with gingelly oil. I am using wood pressed gingelly oil
also known as til oril or sesame oil. Once the tawa is heated, reduce the flame to the
lowest and place the napkin roti side down on to the hot tawa. And leave it for about
10- 15 seconds and carefully peel the napkin, I am sprinkling in little bit of sesame seeds,
this is entirely optional.


Sesame seeds helps to balance your hormones and is also a good
source of healthy fats. I am drizzling in little bit of wood pressed sesame oil in the
holes and on the top and on the sides as well. On low flame, cover and let it cook. Do not
shy away from using healthy fats like wood pressed oils, instead of the wood pressed
sesame oil which I am using in this recipe today, you can use any locally sourced wood
pressed oils of your choice like wood pressed groudnut oil, mustard oil, coconut oil, or
even A2 desi ghee. Today, I am using wood pressed sesame oil.


Sesame oil is also a good
source of calcium, it also helps to balance your hormones. So, lets make one more, I am
just sprinkling some water on the napkin. Placing a handful of the dough on to the napkin
and with wet fingers I am lightly spreading it out into a round shape. So very easy and
simple recipe highly nutritious and rich in fibre and once it has been spread out level
the top with your fingers so that you can remove the finger marking and make a couple
of holes in the center for even cooking. Open the lid, carefully flip it over. You can just
lightly press the sesame seeds and flip it over and allow that side to cook. Remember
that healthy fats helps in better assimilation of fat soluble vitamins so do not try to skip
adding a good source of healthy fat. Flip it over, and once done transfer to a plate.
Place the next roti or chilla on to the hot cast iron tawa.


Rest of the batter can be
stored in the refrigerator in an airtight glass container. You can enjoy this high protein
chilla or roti with any side dish or pickle of your choice. So guys, do try this healthy
high protein chilla recipe and let me know how it turned out. Thank you for watching
and until next time. Take care! Bye! Bye!.

Drink this before breakfast, burns 1lb a day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments