Healthy Food Recipes - HOMEMADE DOG FOOD | healthy dog food recipe

February 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vkHotmVJEGY


Hi guys it's Danny and today I'm showing you how to make homemade dog food Our dog Charlie is four we recently decided to switch him from store bought foods to homemade food and I really understood if everyone else in our house was eating clean and delicious why not Charlie Plus I actually found out that making homemade dog food is really easy to do you have so many choices so many different varieties so today what I'm going to do shows you are really great balanced starter recipe that's both easy to make and versatile one thing I would suggest if you're planning to start In making homemade food for your dog the diet is to do a little research just so you know which foods dogs aren't supposed to eat properly so there are foods like onions garlic kale grapes raisins what I would recommend doing a quick google search to find a list of foods they can't Eat it or to buy some cookbooks and I'll do a little research make sure to check out the books I bought when I was searching for this myself down in the description box below if I want to check it out I also called the vet just to make sure that I have the go-ahead and that I have n't been missing anything so do anything for you that you feel you need to do to take precautions but also keep in mind that there's really nothing to worry about and it's probably a lot easier than you think so to start I'm going to warm up A nice big skillet over medium heat you could also use a pot actually if you're doubling or tripling the recipe I recommend using a pot for sure and I'll melt a tablespoon of coconut oil once the coconut oil melts I'm adding in one pound of ground turkey can also It's ground beef and I'm going to start breaking it down you just want to break it down until you have crumbs and let this cook about 10 minutes or until it's cooked through and light brown after that I'll add the vegetables and we use about three cups total starts with one cup of grated and it's about a zucchini A large zucchini and then a cup of shredded carrots that I washed and peeled and then a big handful of a lifetime of baby spinach I just gave it really coarse chop and cut it up nicely and fine now it's not a good idea to add salt to your dog's food but a lot of spices and herbs can be helpful Really for the dog so I'll also add half a teaspoon of turmeric because that's anti-inflammatory and it's great for digesting them with the tiniest pinch of black pepper to help activate that turmeric so we're just going to stir this together get all the meat mixed together with the veggies and let it cook for another eight Minutes or so really what we're looking for is for those veggies to get nice and tender and because they're so chopped it doesn't take much time at all and then I'm going to turn off the heat and I'm going to crumble one egg into the pan and the remaining heat from the meat and the veggies is going to cook this An egg so I'm just going to stir it in to get it it's really well combined not only that's going to add extra flavor but it's going to add a little bit more protein some healthy fats and some vitamins and minerals nice well and then the final ingredient is three cups of cooked brown rice this could also be rice white I'm just going to stir this in you can do the rice however you prefer take a shortcut I usually buy frozen brown rice and just cook it in the microwave then microwave it let it cool a bit add it right into this mixture and you'll see Once everything comes together it looks pretty you might even want to take a bite of it that would be absolutely fine because there is nothing in there that you can't eat but what you want to do is let it cool completely before you serve and then what do I do do I transfer it to Airtight container and this will last in the fridge up to five days and if you want to go long distances you can put it in the freezer for up to three months now that makes about six cups of food which is about Charlie who's about 40, 45 pounds It's three days worth of food so I do recommend if you plan to start cooking for your dog on a regular basis expand the range of recipes so you don't have to be in the kitchen every three or four days making it will suffice you in a week or two or even three if you rely on a freezer and I want too Share that if you are not ready to do a deep dive and start cooking for your dog on a day to day basis but you are intrigued by this just keep in mind that just adding some fresh whole foods to your dog food can be very beneficial for the dog I mean before we get too excited all the way too often yad My husband put a scrambled egg on Charlie's food or he might add some shredded carrots or apples maybe a few dollops of proper Greek yogurt so you can smooth your way through to the process or even if you never plan on it go all in just add those little bits of Real fresh whole foods can really be not only a treat for a dog but extremely good for their health Well Charlie has been really enjoying homemade food as you can see it really gives me a lot of inspiration to keep him playing in the kitchen and finding more delicious meals he can enjoy I also plan to try out some dog treats as well so if you want to see more of this on the channel let me know come to the comments I am of course happy to share and as always thank you so much for watching if you found this helpful please share with a friend take a moment to subscribe to the channel And hit that notification bell so you don't miss a new recipe Thanks so much for watching I'm Danny Spees and I'll see you back here then with some more clean and delicious time Cheers


Drink this before breakfast, burns 1lb a day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments