Healthy Food Recipes - WEEK 1 POST-OP GASTRIC SLEEVE DIET - how to make Clear liquid, full liquid and puree.

December 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/68QplJwkcNk


Hi everyone, so today we are going to do clear liquid stage and put today's Video i'm going to be showing you a couple of different ways at home. You can actually get your protein and we're going to be using some chicken and Here I have leeks some onions and some carrots so what we were actually going to do is three different methods of how you can actually prepare your chicken broth now There are different variations of this. I'm going to use three different methods. You're welcome to do what you want to do Whatever is easiest for you, but just think get the general idea be prepared try and make as much as you possibly can Look at a freezer at the end of this and so once we've actually done that sometimes you use the ingredients that's left over from what we do because we're going to be taking all of the chicken water and Using that we all with one that should clear liquid so you can drink your boiled cooled chicken water That's flavored with these lovely leeks and onions and carrots and obviously you can add what you want But what I've chosen and selected for myself, I've chosen vegetables that have flavor and that don't overpower because after surgery, you could be nauseas just from the anesthetic through the whole process of the Surgery that you've just gone through and so everybody's going to be different, you know There could be a reaction to oh, it's a bit bit too strong tasting.


So let's keep it nice and simple if you want, you can just use chicken and then boil it poach it that's another version and You can keep that water that chicken water, and that's what you'd be happy So let's get started So so what I've done is I've just added one liter of water here and a drop of olive oil I'm not putting any seasoning in that's your choice But remember I say to you you have no idea how it's going to be after sergey's the Redman The Redmond is a Multi-Cooker that allows you a variety of different cooking programs we're going to put the chicken in to the Brickman plastic love-songs soak that Sun pull chicken and all the things that We need to be careful. Laughs and here we go. So quite a small Ample sized chicken and a pop back into the water and Then we're going to add Here we have our onion. I've just chopped that in half.


Okay, as you can see so my dough one onion all I've done is 1/2 tick killed it and after and a carrot I've got to the water and There's a leak here Now I'm going to accelerate okay that is entirely up to you come be a little bit bitter Thought to err on the side of caution. Let's just say that you're putting in the onion and the carrot the leek and the whole chicken so there goes a stick or two of celery close in the lip now and We are going to choose the menu.


So for this I'm actually going to choose You're gonna bake it so there we go. I'm gonna stop that press Start they go that's now cooking So you've got the option of having that? Cooked in the red minutes my slow cooker and I've got that on again I've added I've added a liter of water It's cold water you can you know add as much or as little as you want and Again, I put a drop of olive oil in there look now one thing I want to point out to you is when you are in stage of Just having had your surgery You cannot start going.


Oh, I mustn't I wasn't half butter. I mustn't have Olive oil I mustn't have this It's too high in calories, you know, I was in the hospital with people that were actually saying, oh, I can't have that I can't have this terrified of some fruit juice This first four weeks particularly. I'm going forward says well, you've got to keep this in mind as you know What's right for you? you have got to make sure that you are aware that what you are trying to do is get your stomach to heal from the Surgery, we are trying to get that healing process going. That's what stage 1 2 3 4 weeks is all about Don't try and calorie count or worry Okay, make sure that everything is going to slide gently and simply with the system after surgery So here we have a chicken man. I'm going to put in. All right, so no seasoning I just feel we should be on the side of caution for your tummy Who knows but the salt and pepper would be good thing for you or not So here I have some leeks we're going to keep them whole I'm not being Funny because what we're going to be using this we're going to use in the water okay, and and then afterwards that will actually just cook - You're very very soft I've just out of the carrot now, okay and some onions so This is just one onion Chopped up, okay So what have we got going on here now we've got this chicken we've got a camera but the leek and we've got a whole onion that we've actually just Made, so we're trying to keep it So that it's going to cook on the slow cooker nice and slowly.


So there we have her That's not one in the slow cooker. So that's nice and easy and that's along I'll not be ready in a few hours, so I Recommend, by the way, it's going to be ready in an hour. The next one I'm going to do is pressure cooker Okay, um, you can just use an open resource then of course. I'm just showing you different options Okay so These will be more sort of flavor some because they're kind of roasting and all the flavors and juices are going to flood out Whereas this is probably going to be a bit more sort of poached. Yeah, it would contain all the actual flavors here Whatever suits you best.


Okay. So again, let's add water If you see that Okay, and then we're going to take currants Our onions and on this once instead of me. I didn't put celery in in the slow cooker. So they're coated Its some pieces that we want Okay Okay I'm gonna put this pathway in and For a pressure cooker here's our chicken and put that straight in I'm not adding seasoning because I'm imagining that I just had surgery And so now I'm gonna cook all of this I'll see you later Hi everyone, so we've got a minute to go with the Redmon, okay So this is going to be ready in a minute The pressure cooker has already Cooked and is ready so there's on Redmond and I'm going to actually just deal with this at the moment So what I'm going to do is I'm going to strain everything and pop it into this jug and that's going to be all the things that we collect from the chicken and the carrots and the onions and leeks celery whatever's gone into our concoction for our chicken water okay, so there's our chicken and there's all our chicken water as you can see this little globules of You know Like fat deposits in there nothing wrong with that at all.


Okay, so we're going to collect all of that So I'm a fly and going Okay So Collected that just let that strain a little bit. I hope you can see that So I'm going to keep that I'm going to use that for Some of our stage to wick - so we're going to make a full liquid. I hope you can see Let's we These tiny little box if you're not going to me very much at all Is your portion and that's probably going to be enough, okay Okay, so that's probably going to be as much as your pan to manage Okay, so you've got lots and lots and lots there all right, you know if you don't want that then you can just use the chicken breast and the Chicken breast is going to give you more of a poached kind of Pure sort of liquid Which I have Done a recipe for on the website for week one, okay So now I just want to show you if you haven't got those tiny little bugs like that Okay, then you can use a little container like this So that's clear liquid and we've done that one from The pressure cooker.


Okay, and I want you to just see what's left look so what we're going to use is We've got an example of what you're going to be eating Some of the red men Age Of being able to Make that into other puring or we going to make that in too awful liquid Okay, so let's lift that off To Drain away that right there Should we quit again by using a full chicken because of the skin that's on it and the bones this is what you're going to get very Much at all because you're not going to be hungry, but it is going to feed you more importantly It's going to help your tummy heal after the surgery, so that's how much I would be freezing for my portion and I've documented Everything and I'm really do suggest that you there you go. That's one portion. You can freeze all of those Um, I would live that cool Of course before I freeze it but for the sake of the video I wanted to show you how it looks as I'm going to came out and again in the Redman It's actually okay, and You can see everything that's really soft.


So what we're going to do is we're gonna we're not going to waste any of this liquids been used for week one and then we're going to turn around to make something with this for our Puree stage but more importantly you can go into stage two, which is week two It's gonna make that full liquid out of that.


Just a chicken that came out of the pressure cooker so We have managed to do three different versions of chicken. The slow cooker is still cooking so You've got the idea you're gonna get that chicken watering gonna get the flavor from the chicken carrot the league A little bit of parsley celery whatever you want to do I would recommend you stay away from Seasoning as I mentioned before so what I'm going to do for you is we're going to move into making that now into a full Weird so up it back soon and I'll show you how it's done I'm using some of the chicken and I'm going to use the chicken and the celery and the carrot and I'm going to Just take some of that and pop it into the blender and add some of that liquid from earlier on Adding some chicken some carrot celery Chicken flesh and making sure that checking all the flesh off the bones So that Underneath here We've got some of the onion which is fabulous and Smells delicious by the way So this is certainly going to feed you and feed you in a very satisfying delicious nutritional exciting way While you recover from surgery and start to feel everything Is Even Your Beautiful wonderful sleeve Okay, so now I'm gonna add this mixture You choose chicken choose celery carrots Okay I've done that So now I'm going to pull Okay, I hope you can see that it's just a really delicious full liquid Chicken soup.


Okay, I can tell you it smells absolutely divine Okay, and if we compare this one or clear liquid, it's just the first one we did I'm freezing up and I can assure you that that is absolutely Then I do you so much good so I'm gonna have a little taste of this right now mmm It's absolutely lovely. Okay, um, honestly flavors We're definitely getting that that beautiful chicken Taste of kara a little bit of onion But it is doing everything that you need it to do so that your tummy Starts to heal from the surgery and that you can get back on track and start enjoying food Doing everything you needed to do in order to make sure that your tool which is your sleeve Does everything and anything that you want it to? Okay, so we have The first one which is Clear liquid and then I have a second And we've wasted nothing, you know, I mean look it's just That's what you're gonna be eating, um, it's realized it's delicious, okay, um, so We will now try and get an expert on to puree I'm gonna do that for you now, so give me a moment okay once so this is going to be our puree or mushy stage and Hits our chicken a little bit of water that I've added to it.


There's a potato in there. That's cooked. Just one There's the onions the summery Past me in the simile. So we've got some nice flavors of the carrots. Of course so I'm you can see I've hardly done anything where you might want to Yeah, that's what we've got going on here folks, that's a lovely pure a mixture Just happy I can see that okay It's kind of consistency and this Absolutely loads and loads and loads in there. So here's quite a lot of puree and what we've done is again We've used I know a few three chickens some I cook them in different ways for you not as much different ways for different equipment I think is probably more accurate and so by you setting the chicken and onion and the leeks and the carrots and on the final purchase added more potatoes of that sort of Tears and literally Those chickens were quite small instead of adding a chicken liquid water on this one I felt that was enough flavor coming on would be full accrued to actually say water would probably Do just as well.


So you've got your clear liquid out of your chicken vegetables, we've taken that over and Added that To the vegetables Given that Lovely texture of having like a smooth silky type of chicken soup with vegetables in it, which really nice and this one we've just Served. Okay, let's not add too much liquid same mixture again. And you might say oh I need something different to eat What you need is your tummy to heal and you need vitamins and your nutrition and they need a flavor Quite the top priority that you need to be able to Feel it's comfortable to go down and for you to have Vitamins in your mineral. That's why you do this. So this is our slow cooker the next day and this is what we have All of that, there's a lot more liquid by doing it like this it's all succulent and it's packed with flavor and Just give me a minute I'm going to just a Little bit there for you.


So let's get something here See Okay, so that's our chicken was soft and there's our whole carrot and leek so gonna be able to strain this now and keep this juice for your clear liquid So that's our chicken that we're going to use Pop that on the plate there, okay then That's our carrot I think okay, so I'm gonna string that now Good chicken water for your clear liquid stage And we're gonna take half of that and we're going to do exactly as you did on the other video which is to blend all that up and make it into a full liquid and then we're going to Use the vegetables and the chicken. I'm going to make that into your mushy stage or your puree stage So I hope you enjoyed learning how to get your clear liquid stage and then we've taken that step further for you So you've got your full liquid stage and you've got your puree stage all out of one cooking Experience and the ingredients for that and don't worry you will enjoy it It's tasty.


It's packed with what you need If you enjoyed the video Please subscribe and press the bell so that you're alerted to the next time that I upload a video And if you've got any ideas Please put your comments down below and perhaps I can answer your questions make a video about it for you. Don't forget We're on social media you can find us there on all the usual Facebook Twitter and Instagram and Until next time thanks for joining me. Bye for now.

Drink this before breakfast, burns 1lb a day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments