Healthy Food Recipes - Japanese Minimalist🇯🇵: What I eat in a day |Simple Recipes|

December 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/t33Y4cEOEFU


Hi, I'm Aki, a minimalist who is a school
teacher living in a small village in Japan. Today, I’ll be sharing about what I eat
in a day from morning to night. To be honest, my daily diet isn't 
as cool as any other Vlogger. However, in this video, you will able to see "What Japanese people usually eat everyday", 
and "How to make delicious matcha and cook rice" ,so please watch it until the end. So, let’s get started! 5:00 am Breakfast After changing clothes and cleaning my 
room as usual, I go down to the kitchen. So, I'm gonna start making my 
breakfast … but before that,   I’ve been asked by many people 
about Japanese breakfast, like "What do Japanese people 
usually eat in the morning?" So, I'll answer this first.


Traditionally, we eat Japanese food like this. However, these days, many people eat Western 
food like this.and I always answered, “bread.” It depends on the generation, 
but I think it's about 50/50. So for example, sometimes Japanese 
school students will ask their friends, "What do you usually have for 
breakfast, rice or bread??" While growing up, in my home I would usually 
eat bread and Western style breakfast. and I always answered, “bread.” But as I grew up, my 
breakfast preferences changed.  Now as an adult, I usually drink 
smoothies and matcha for breakfast. In other words, my breakfast is a 
combination of Western and Japanese styles. First, I’ll be talking 
about my breakfast smoothie. The ingredients I usually put 
in my smoothies are dates,   ginger, apples, eggs, 
bananas, soy milk, and cobon.


Occasionally, I add other vegetables 
such as spinach and tomatoes. People often ask, "Is it really 
okay to eat raw eggs?", I would say, “Yes, the quality of eggs in 
Japan is carefully controlled,   so it's okay to eat them raw. We love it.” Cobon is a drink made from natural yeast.  With even a small amount of it, it really 
helps kick-start my digestive system. The reason why I drink 
smoothies in the morning is that  m
First, it is   easy to digest fruits and vegetables.
Also, since smoothies are light meals, so   you can also exercise and work 
out after drinking it, like me.


As you can see, smoothies have many advantages, 
but they also have some disadvantages. It makes my body cold. So, in order to counteract that feeling, I 
always drink warm matcha after the smoothie. I usually do a more casual version of 
tea ceremony and drink matcha like this. But today, since I’m making this video,   I would like to introduce two 
ways to make delicious matcha. The first way, in my opinion, is the 
most delicious way to prepare matcha.  These are the items to prepare: If you don't have these things in your 
home, you can substitute something similar. When people prepare their matcha, many 
immediately put the matcha in a tea bowl,   but you shouldn’t do this if 
you wanna make delicious matcha. The first thing you should do is preheat your bowl   so that the matcha won’t get cold and you’ll be 
able to make a well frothed and creamy matcha.


At the same time, it would be great if you can   warm up the chasen in warm 
water to soften the tips. After that, please don't forget to 
dry the tea bowl with a clean cloth. Then, you are going to place the bowl on the 
scale, and set it to zero with the sifter on top. And I'm going to add 2g of matcha. This process is going to break up the matcha 
powder and give you a much nicer texture. Then finally, add hot water. I tested it many times, then I found that   90g of hot water at 65 ℃ (149 ° F) 
is the best for traditional matcha. Then, you want to whisk for 
15 seconds with a chasen. When whisking, it’s preferable to move it 
like writing M instead of making circles.


And I do about 3 seconds of gathering in. Then I do 5 seconds of vigorous whisking. And about 6 seconds you’ll 
see I’ve started moving slower   and then gently mix the surface 
to get really nice foam. Finally, put the chasen center and pull 
it out of the middle of the matcha. You want to check the foam attached 
to the tip of the chasen like this,   that’s the sign that you got a nice froth. It's complete. Next is the method for those who don’t 
have the normal tools to make such matcha. This is what you need to prepare. After warming up the Mason jar, put 
matcha and hot water in the same way... then... Shake it!!! for 15 seconds!! And it's complete. Pretty easy, isn’t it? I think matcha made with chasen 
is more delicious of course,   but this method also gets the job done.
  By the way, today I used this 
brand of matcha called Matcha Moon. And this gave a good texture and flavorful taste. Also, in the future, I think I’ll 
make a matcha comparison video.


During the morning Today I was making a kamakura, 
which is an igloo with my friend. 12:00 pm Lunch Now it's time for lunch. These days I’m really into Mentai Kamatama Udon. Kamatama-Udon is boiled udon 
noodles with raw egg and soy sauce. I always put mentaiko in it as 
well, which is spicy cod roe. When the noodles are boiled, I strain 
them and then put them in a bowl. Add mentaiko, an egg, Then pour soy sauce and Yuzupon on it. That’s it. Super simple! Then, I mix it up and eat it. I love it so much that I never 
get tired of eating it every day. By the way, apparently mentaiko is sold under the 
name, “Hakata spicy caviar”, outside of Japan. During the Afternoon Finally, the kamakura is completed. I enjoyed drinking matcha with my friend. I will also make a video about this 
too, so please look forward to it. 18:30 pm Dinner Well, I’m going to make dinner. First, I cook rice in a clay pot. Then put pesticide-free brown 
rice in the pot and add water. Actually, you want to soak the brown rice in water 
for about 30 minutes in advance before cooking,   if you want to make more delicious rice.


But I was so hungry that I couldn’t wait. haha I cook it on the electric stove 
for about 20 minutes on high heat. If you use a gas stove, 15 minutes 
is about enough on high medium heat. After that, I turn off the heat 
and leave it for 20 minutes. Make sure not to open the lid. I’m going to prepare side 
dishes while the rice cooks.


Today, I’m gonna grill saury on 
the fish grill, under the stove. Reheat the miso soup I made yesterday. The ingredients for miso soup are 
tofu, nameko (which are mushrooms),   green onions, and white radishes. This is the miso I used, 
which is a 3-year-old miso   made and purchased in the hot spring 
town near the Snow Monkey Park. By the way, I am currently 
using a Teflon-coated pot,   but I would like to buy a cast-iron 
pot in the future. While the rice finished 
cooking, I grated the radish. Mmmm it looks delicious! I'm a minimalist, so I have only these plates. I’m going to put the food on a plate, take out 
chopsticks, then arrange them on the table.


Ok! it’s finally time to eat. Itadakimasu. After that, I made matcha in 
the kamakura again at night   because it was very beautiful. 
It was cold, but fun. Summary Today, I introduced what I eat 
in a day from morning to night. I'm sorry it's not very fancy and 
cool, but I promise it’s delicious! In the future,   I hope my meals will help inspire you to 
create even more delicious and healthy dishes. However, if you think this is something 
that you want to incorporate into your life,   I think that’s really great. If you like this type of video, please give 
it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel. Also, it would be great if you let me 
know what you think about this video   or what you eat in your 
country in the comments below. Stay safe, have fun, and thank 
you for watching as usual. I hope to see you in the next video. bye bye..

Drink this before breakfast, burns 1lb a day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments