Healthy Food Recipes - The Best Almond Flour Cookies For The Holidays: KETO SHORTBREAD COOKIES

December 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/embed/b3mu_1kleMo


If you're on keto or
just eliminating sugar, you might think that soft,
buttery shortbread cookies were a thing of the past. Not true. These almond flour cookies
rival real shortbread. They're sweet and buttery,
and they're just what you need this holiday season. Hi everyone, it's Maya
from WholesomeYum.com, and I make easy, healthy recipes with 10 ingredients or less. So today I'm showing you how
to make almond flour cookies, or more specifically,
keto shortbread cookies with almond flour. Not only do these taste
similar to real shortbread, but they're also so easy to make. You only need four
ingredients and one bowl. Let's do this. (upbeat music) The first thing we're going
to do is beat together six tablespoons of butter,
make sure it's softened. Otherwise, this is not
going to beat very easily and your cookies might end up lumpy. And a third of a cup of Besti. This is the sweetener I use
for all my baking recipes because it gives no gritty
texture, it locks in moisture, which means no dry cookies,
it tastes just like sugar and it has zero net carbs.


This is what it looks like.
I'll link it down below for you. So we'll go ahead and
start our hand mixer. Make sure you start your hand mixer on low so that the sweetener doesn't
fly all over the place. Now that this is light and fluffy, I'll add one teaspoon of vanilla extract, and beat that in as well. And the last ingredient we have
here is two and a half cups of Wholesome Yum blanched almond flour. Now, you can see this is really fine. Different brands do vary
in their consistency and that's gonna affect the texture of your cookies when they are baked.


Don't substitute this for coconut flour because the cookies will be way too dry. That works completely differently. So if you do need a coconut flour version, I'll link that down below for you. And I'm gonna add this
a little bit at a time just in case. (upbeat music) You can see that this looks
pretty crumbly when we're done, but if you press it together
with your fingers just to test, you can see that it molds
together into shape. This is the consistency
that we're going for. So now I can form these cookies on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. So I'm going to use a cookie scoop to scoop these onto the baking sheet. One important thing to note here is you want to really press
the dough into the scoop, otherwise it's just going to fall apart.


So press, and release. (upbeat music) The number of cookies I get is different each time I make these somehow. It really just depends on how tightly you pack that cookie
scoop, but that's okay. Can't have too many cookies. So I just kind of rearrange
these as necessary. So unlike regular white flour cookies, these are not going to
spread on their own, so I do need to flatten
them to the thickness that I want them to turn out.


So I usually do somewhere
between a quarter and half an inch, about
a third of an inch, but I just kind of eyeball
it, about this size. And if you see any pieces on the edges kind of falling off, you can
press those back together. And last step before we bake these, I'm gonna poke a few holes
in each cookie with a fork. Be gentle here since
they're not super sturdy yet while they are raw. I usually like to do just
two pokes in each cookie, but this does help improve their texture, so I don't recommend skipping this. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12 minutes until
the edges are golden. So the cookies are done. I am going to let these
cool completely now because they will fall apart if you try to move them right away. Let them cool in the pan. That will let them firm up, crisp up on the edges a little bit, and we can do the chocolate dip afterward.


Now I'm going to make the chocolate dip. You don't have to do this. The almond flour shortbread
cookies are delicious without it, but I think they
are even better with this. So I have half a cup of
chocolate chips here, and two teaspoons of coconut oil. That is going to help the
chocolate harden actually, and get a nice sheen. So you can heat this up in a double boiler if you don't like microwaving, which is what I have on the recipe card, but I actually am gonna take a shortcut and I'm microwaving this. Now I'm just going to dip each cookie into the chocolate about halfway, and you can tilt the bowl if that helps. Be careful, the cookies
are a little fragile so make sure they don't break
apart and fall in there.


And sprinkle that with a few
chopped pecans if you like. I ended up needing about three tablespoons of chopped pecans for the topping but I like to have a
little extra just in case. You can add the pecans after each cookie or after you've dipped all the chocolate, but be sure you do work
quickly, because otherwise, if the chocolate sets,
the pecans will not stick.


Refrigerate this until
the chocolate is firm. The chocolate is finally set. I'm gonna be honest, the hardest part of this keto shortbread
cookie recipe is the waiting. I am ready to transfer these to the plate and try one of these. It helps to use a little
cookie spatula like this because the chocolate can
stick to the parchment paper a little bit, and it will ensure that your cookies don't break. I'm ready for a little snack. (upbeat music) Mmm, these are sweet, buttery. There's that chocolate in there. I think they are just perfect. Let me know what you
think if you try these, and for another almond flour treat, try my keto banana bread. It has a secret ingredient
that tastes just like banana..

Info: Post images on Social media for $200 per day

Artikel Terkait

Next Article
« Prev Post
Previous Article
Next Post »
tes

Disqus
Add your comment

No comments